Supplier Ordering, Delivery & Packaging Instructions
Winc Australia Pty Ltd
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully. These terms and conditions may have changed since your last visit to this site. By using this site, you indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, then do not use this site.
The objective of this document is to provide suppliers with a concise summary of Winc expectations of suppliers. Compliance with these requirements will benefit Winc, our Suppliers and our customers.
These Instructions shall be read in conjunction with Winc Supplier Terms and Conditions and Supply Agreements. This document will be periodically reviewed and updated. The latest version will be published on the Winc website.
These instructions apply to all deliveries to Winc Australia Pty Limited and Educational Experience Distribution Centres.
1.1 Product Data
Prior to initial delivery of any product the supplier must provide the following complete product data to Winc either directly, via Supplier Website, via Winc STEP portal, or through third party or electronic interface. The following are critical to ensure deliveries can be received without delay:
- Volumetrics are required each selling unit, inner, carton, shipping carton, and pallet as applicable – unit length, width, height, weight & volume (length = CM, weight = KG)
- EAN/ UPC compliant Barcode for selling unit, inner, carton, shipping carton, and pallet as applicable. Barcodes must be both scanner-readable and human-readable.
- Material Safety Data Sheet for Dangerous or Hazardous Goods
- SKU units of measure including Inner and Carton Quantity
- Minimum Shelf Life (Expiry or Best before Date), where applicable.
Four weeks’ notice shall be given to Winc prior to any change in this data. Winc reserves the right to charge for additional warehouse processing costs when this data is not provided or updated; these costs will be calculated and charged back to supplier.
- Re labelling Minimum labour charge of $50 plus $1.00 per carton thereafter.
- Cubic Scanning – Minimum Labour charge of $50 plus $0.30c per carton scanned there after
- Lead Times: Suppliers are required to ensure all deliveries are within Lead Times approved by Winc. The accuracy of lead times will be measured against the matrix in the original supply agreement. Results to be provided in the SRM reporting pack.
- Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) / Minimum Order Value (MOV): MOVs or MOQs must be communicated one month in advance of commencement or change and are subject to Winc operational approval.
- SRM (Supplier Relationship Management): Suppliers will be required to attend SRM meetings on a structured and unstructured basis pending reviews or current performance.
- SIF (Supplied in Full): Delivery matches invoice. Required SIF performance is a minimum of 97%.
- SOT (Supplied on Time): Required service level is 95%. Delivery is equal to or less than the ETA or contracted lead time on each respective Purchase Order.
- Discontinued Products: Winc requires 6 weeks advance notice of the discontinuation of any stocked product supplied.
- Out of Stock: All out of Stock items must be communicated to Winc at the time of placing of purchase order. The supplier is responsible for providing a suitable alternative at the same cost price within 24 hours.
- Daily Reporting: Each Purchasing Officer requires daily Out of Stock and Stock on hand reports for respective trading SKUs. Required response times for these are no later than 4-hour turnaround on ETA enquiries and general product availability enquiries.
- Changes to Account Manager / Contact: The Supplier shall provide at least two weeks’ notice of any change to Winc Account Manager / Contact and ensure that timely response to all queries is maintained.
- Third Party Logistics: Winc requires a minimum of 6 weeks’ notice of changes to the Suppliers Third Party Logistics provider and contact information so we can assist with transition and communicate to our locations.
- New Supplier First Delivery: At least one week prior to first delivery to any Winc location the supplier should call the Capacity Team (Inbound Booking Team) to confirm delivery and verify understanding of applicable requirements described in this document.
- EDI Trading Platform: Winc requires a minimum of one month’s notice of any change to Suppliers Trading Platform e.g. ARIBA, EDI, Email, Zetafax,
- Changes to Suppliers Systems or Warehouse: A minimum of one months’ notice is required in the case of any change in the Suppliers in-house systems (e.g. ERP, Warehouse Management), Warehouse location or sourcing which could impact on supply to Winc.
WINC has deployed the Ariba Network platform for supplier electronic data interchange for Australia. The Ariba Network (AN) is used to receive orders and send invoices electronically. In managing the end to end process electronically and within one system we can achieve greater transparency, higher accuracy, improve cycle times and increase collaboration with our suppliers.
Suppliers are required to work with WINC team to implement and process orders via ARIBA:
- Purchase Order/Change Order/Cancel Order
- Order Confirmation
- Ship Notice
Benefits to suppliers:
- Real time access to document status information, such as orders or invoices
- Highly efficient, automated and secure document processing
- Improved collaboration with WINC
- Lower administrative costs resulting from electronic document processing
- Improved payment times
1.4 Pre Delivery
- Each order has a unique purchase order number and should be processed only once.
- The warehouse will not accept any deliveries without reference to a purchase order clearly stating the following: PO Number, correct Quantities, Item Descriptions, Winc Codes, UOM, Price and the relevant Delivery dates (either ASN or Original PO ETA date)
- In the case of electronic delivery of a purchase order, a Purchase Order Acknowledgement (POA) is required to confirm the purchase order. In sending through a POA, the Supplier agrees to all pricing, quantity delivery date and descriptions on the purchase order.
The Supplier must transport or arrange for transport of Products to the required delivery destination:
- By a method which provides adequate protection to the Products and prevents product deterioration. Black wrap is not to be used under any circumstances
- Shipping each order in one shipment unless otherwise indicated on a Purchase Order.
- All deliveries must have a picking/packing slip with the goods. The paperwork must contain our Purchase Order Number, Supplier Details & Item Description/Quantities, Winc codes and Supplier item codes. These documents shall be securely attached to the outside of the first pallet or carton in a delivery. The packing list must be in a clear window envelope on the outside of the pallet or carton in a clearly visible location. The product labelling must not be obscured
- All deliveries will only be accepted with prior arrangement via the Capacity Team (Book In Team). A minimum of two days’ notice is required for container deliveries.
- The Supplier must ensure that all Supplier delivery drivers and Contractors comply with local Winc Distribution Centre safety and traffic requirements, including but not limited to:
- Completion of site induction
- Adhering to site speed limits and instructional signage.
- Adhering to site parking requirements.
- Practicing safe unloading procedures.
- Driver must stay with the vehicle at all times while unloading occurs
- Ensuring all drivers and assistants are wearing hi-visibility clothing.
- Listening and adhering to verbal and written instructions from Winc receiving staff.
- No smoking on site
- Supplier to manage driver fatigue / work hours
2.2 Delivery Packaging
- All cartons shall be clearly marked with fields as below or equivalent:
- Description of product
- Product Code
- Quantity of selling unit, inner, carton, shipping carton, or pallet as applicable
- Shipping / PO label
- EAN / TUN compliant barcode
- Cartons shall be fully recyclable board and strong enough to protect weight of contents and withstand stacking and normal handling through warehouse and transport. Cartons which can be opened without the use of box cutting tools shall be preferred.
- All items exceeding the weight limit of 15kgs must be clearly marked with a warning sticker and the weight of the carton. Acceptance of overweight items will be at the sole discretion of Winc.
- All Hazardous and Dangerous goods must be transported, packaged and clearly labelled in accordance with requirements of all applicable legislation and codes of practice. A Material Safety data sheet shall be provided with the delivery unless previously provided or advised as per Section 1 above.
- Any delivery over 8 cartons must be palletised. All pallet deliveries must be on a standard size (1165mm x 1165mm) hardwood pallet as per the Inbound Pallet Policy. Skids or softwood pallets will not be accepted.
- All pallets must be wrapped to the top third of the pallet as a minimum and secure. There should be no tails or “dags” hanging from the pallet.
- Pallets cannot be higher than 1300mm.
- The maximum weight of any pallet must not exceed 1000Kg. Pallets exceeding 1000kg require approval from the Capacity Team prior to delivery. All pallet weights must be marked.
- All mixed pallets/cartons must be clearly marked and numbered. The number of boxes on mixed pallets must be shown with each product clearly separated into rows or corners. If a product is greater than or equal to a full layer of a pallet must be delivered on its own pallet, separate to other items, as shown below. All stock must be packed in consistent quantities. Stock delivered without adequate packing or wrapping will be not accepted. Loose items, not supplied in cartons or other outer packaging shall be banded or wrapped to secure.
- All “Fragile” items such as Glassware, Crockery, Notice Boards, Whiteboards, must be individually and adequately wrapped to sustain distribution in the Unit of Measure sold by Winc.
- All Liquid items must be securely packaged and lids adequately sealed to avoid leakage during picking and distribution to Winc Customers.
- Where a product contains two or more components (such as a box and a lid) the Supplier must ensure that the components are adequately packaged together in one unit before delivery to Winc distribution centre. Component parts shall be labelled adequately to identify parts e.g. “1 of 2”, “2 of 2”.
- All delivery cartons must be structurally sound (in preference constructed of recycled board) and provide adequate product protection. Damaged cartons will not be accepted under any circumstances. All material used to stuff delivery cartons must be recyclable through standard commercial waste management services.
- In the case of container deliveries, the supplier / agent shall ensure adequate measures are taken to prevent or mitigate the hazard of goods shifting and pushing against container doors leading to uncontrolled opening of the doors.
2.3 Pallet Control
Refer to the Winc Inbound Pallet Policy located on the Winc website.
2.4 Delivery Discrepancies
- Suppliers will be notified of any short-ship, oversupply, wrong goods, short-dated or damages within five working days of delivery, unless otherwise agreed.
- If the discrepancy is found on unloading the driver shall be required to co-sign the delivery documents before leaving.
- A credit claim will be automatically raised for any discrepancy between the Supplier’s invoice and the Company purchase order once goods have been received, unless covered by the terms of an Ullage agreement. All Winc credit claims regarding delivery discrepancies shall be resolved within 21 days. Once this has occurred, the Supplier will adhere to the Dispute Resolution Process referred to in section 9 below.
- All proof of deliveries provide by Winc are signed, “subject to checking” (STC) to avoid lengthy delays on the receiving dock. Winc signs only for the receipt of the consignment and not the contents until the quantity and condition have been validated. Winc only accepts the signature as valid for establishing delivery of the delivery unit described not the full contents thereof e.g. Receipt for one pallet is not proof of delivery of all cartons shipped thereon.
- The supplier shall provide a copy of any Proof of delivery (POD) requested by Winc within two working days.
- Must include the Supplier name, the Winc Purchase Order number, and a pallet or carton quantity matching the physical delivery. A valid POD must be marked with an official Company stamp and/or printed employee name and number.
- In the case of double deliveries, it is the Supplier’s responsibility to pick-up the goods and credit any invoices raised. Refer Section 12 – Returns & Collections.
2.5 Dispute Resolution Process
- In the event of any claim by Winc against the Supplier, payment may be withheld until such claim is resolved. Refer to Payment Terms in Winc Supplier Terms and Conditions
- If any claims are disputed, the Supplier shall notify the Company within two weeks of receipt of claim. After this time, the Company will consider the claim to have been approved.
- Disputes relating to delivery discrepancies must be supported by valid Proof of Delivery as per Section 8 above.
- Winc will not investigate or act upon any queries in relation to transactions that are older than 3 months.
2.6 Shelf Life
Perishable stock deliveries to Winc shall have a minimum of 75% of manufactured life unless specific exceptions are negotiated with Winc on a delivery or material basis. In the case of products with manufactured shelf life under 90 days, an Ullage agreement may be negotiated to cover losses. Failure to comply with minimum shelf life will result in deliveries being rejected.
Expiry / Best before Dates shall be clearly marked on cartons and individual items. No mixed Expiry / Best before Dates shall be on the same pallet.
2.7 Returns & Collections
The supplier shall provide a return authorisation relating to excess, incorrect supply or faulty stock or warranty claims within two working days.
Stock to be returned or collected shall be collected by the Supplier, unless alternative arrangements are made, within 10 working days of notice being given. Winc reserve the right to process or dispose of returns not collected, or when other arrangements not confirmed, within 10 days of notice.
2.8 Support for Future Warehouse Management Technology
Winc is committed to deploying new and enhanced Warehouse Management Systems and technology over the next two years and will require the support of suppliers to compliance of additional data, labels, and interfaces with those systems. These requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery slot booking via web portal, including population of delivery detail and volumes
- Provide SSCC shipping labels with barcodes on cases and pallets in accordance with specification
- Package and label cross-dock orders for delivery to Winc customers
- Embedding of serial numbers, batch numbers and expiry dates into bar codes
- Update shipping documentation in accordance with the above
- Interface for management of delivery discrepancies
- Electronic transfer of hire pallets
Details and timeline for deployment will be communicated to suppliers with a minimum of three months’ notice.
Warehouse Delivery Addresses:
|NSW||Erskine Park||40-66 Lockwood Road, Erskine Park, NSW, 2759|
|NSW||Newcastle||Unit C1, 77 Munibung Road Cardiff NSW 2285|
|NSW||Hume||94 Sheppard Street, Hume, ACT, 2620|
|VIC||Port Melbourne||111 Turner Street, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207|
|VIC||Mulgrave||636 Wellington Road, Mulgrave, VIC, 3170|
|QLD||Richlands||731 Boundary Road, Richlands, QLD, 4077|
|QLD||Gladstone||139 Goondoon Street, Gladstone, QLD, 4680|
|QLD||Cairns||11-13 Bollard Street, Portsmith, Cairns, QLD, 4870|
|QLD||Townsville||10-14 Titanium Place, Mt St John. QLD 4818|
|WA||Perth Airport||9 Ulm Place, Perth Airport, WA 6105|
|WA||Geraldton (Retail)||42 Chapman Road, Geraldton, WA, 6530|
|WA||Osborne Park (Retail)||Unit 6/505 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park, WA 6017 (Access off Selby St)|
|WA||Willetton (Retail)||Unit 5/9 Yampi Way, Willetton, WA 6155|
|TAS||Hobart||120 Campbell Street, Hobart, TAS, 7000|
|TAS||Derwent Park||76 Sunderland Street, Derwent Park, TAS 7009|
|NT||Darwin||15 Albatross Street, Winnellie, NT 0820|
|SA||Adelaide||334 – 346 Cormack Road, Wingfield, SA, 5013|
Schedule of Site Delivery Requirements / Information
- The Schedule of Site Delivery Requirements / Information below contains a summary of delivery requirements and information for each major warehouse. For locations not listed please contact the warehouse for further information.
- Delivery bookings are required at major sites as specified in Schedule of Site Delivery Requirements / Information
- Delivery times may be extended during peak activity periods e.g. Back to School season; if applicable details will be provided by your warehouse at time of booking
- Courier deliveries on behalf of vendors up to a maximum of three cartons (five cartons for Erskine Park, except for Print and Promotional where the maximum is ten cartons) acting for a single Vendor are exempt from the delivery appointment rules, however all other requirements remain valid and in force.
Note: This exception does not apply to Perth Airport – all deliveries must be booked.
- Slots will be allocated in accordance with receiving capacity, time request received and slots already allocated.
- No phone bookings except as indicated; email only to nominated mailbox at least 24 hours before the delivery is due.
- Details required to make booking:
- Suppliers must use the form provided by the Capacity Team for all bookings
- Vendor Name
- Purchase Order Number
- Number of Lines
- Number of Pallets
- Number of Cartons
- All delivery time slot requests will receive an email response within one working day including booking reference number. Booking requests will be responded to on a “first come first served” basis.
- The delivery should arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled time slot. If the delivery arrives earlier or later, it may be refused. If delivery is running late a phone call or email is required to notify receiving.
- Permanent Booking Slots: Suppliers who have regular recurring bookings (e.g. daily) must still email details of delivery otherwise they risk losing their allocated booking slot.
- Late deliveries arriving after normal receiving hours or deliveries arriving on incorrect day or without booking, will be accepted solely at the discretion of Winc and subject to warehouse capacity.
|Location||Address||Dock Door Numbers / Locations||Delivery Arrival Times||Bookings||
Contacts / Escalation
National Distribution Warehouse
40 – 66 Lockwood Rd Erskine Park
IT/Furniture Products (STS): 1-3
Office Products: 8 – 13
Office Products (10 cartons or
less): 12 – 13
Liquor, Print & Promotional
Products, EDEX: 14 –15
Returns: 6 – 7
|6.00am to 1pm, Monday to Friday||
Email between the hours of 7am to 2pm one day prior to the expected delivery date.
1. Receiving Supervisor
PH: 02-9670 9587
2. Inbound and Inventory Manager
PH: 02-9670 9595
3. DC Operations Manager
PH: 02-9670 9684
Regional Distribution Warehouse
111 Turner St, Port Melbourne,
Office Products: 3
Office Products (10 cartons or less): 3
Print & Promotional Products: 3
Furniture Products: 26
|6.00am to 3pm, Monday to Friday||
Email between the hours of 7am to 2pm, one day prior to the expected delivery date
4. Receiving Team Leader
5. Receiving Officer
6. DC Operations Manager
636 Wellington Road, Mulgrave
|All Receiving: 6||7:30am to 2pm, Monday to Friday||
Email between the hours of 7am to 2pm at least one day prior to the expected delivery date
PH: 0450 029 126
Regional Distribution Warehouse
Building 4, 301 Orchard Rd, Richlands, QLD 4077
All Receiving: 2
|6.00am to 3pm, Monday to Friday||
Email between the hours of 7am to 2pm, one day prior to the expected delivery date
1. Inbound Supervisor
2. Receiving Manager
PH: 07-3365 0686
9 Ulm Place
|All Receiving: 6||6.00am to 12pm, Monday to Fridayemail@example.com Email between the hours of 6am to 1pm at least one day prior to the expected delivery date||
1. Inbound Team
2. Warehouse Manager
Unit 2&3, 334 – 346 Cormack Road, Wingfield
|N/A||9.00am to 3pm, Monday to Friday||Booking Not required. Delivery queries are to be directed to the Receiving Department or Warehouse Mgr.||
PH: 08-8243 8076
2. Warehouse Manager
PH: 08-8243 8625
5 Albatross Street Winnellie
|N/A||8.00am to 1pm, Monday to Fridayfirstname.lastname@example.org anytime||
08 8997 1444
NT Help Desk
120 Campbell Street Hobart Tasmania 7000
|N/A||8.30am to 1pm, Monday to Fridayemail@example.com Email between the hours of 7am to 2pm, one day prior to the expected delivery date||
1. Receiving PH:03 6231 4140
2. Receiving supervisor
PH: 03 6232 4128
3. Warehouse Manager
PH: 03 6232 4116
76 Sunderland Street Derwent Park
|N/A||7.00am to 12:30pm, Monday to Friday||Call 03 6277 8549 7am to 12.30pm. Booking required for containers only.||
PH: 03 6277 8549
2. Warehouse Manager
PH: 03 6277 8549
10- 14 Titanium Place, Mt St John,
|N/A||7.00am to 1pm, Monday to Friday||
Booking not required.
Delivery queries are to be directed to the Receiving Department or Warehouse Mgr.
1. Receiving Department
2. Warehouse Manager
- Schedule 3 of Winc Supplier Terms and Conditions describes scope of warranties.
- The Supplier must support all product warranties from the date of sale to the Winc Customer.
- Defects in product must be addressed within 48 hours of notification to the supplier, at the Suppliers expense.
- Defects include but are not limited to:
- Poor quality
- Product does not perform as described
- Mechanical or electronic failure
- Damage to the product discovered after the product is removed from the manufacturer’s packaging
- Product is missing parts or components
In the event that a defect with the product is identified, Winc will ordinarily bear the cost of picking the goods up from their Customer and returning it to the local Winc Distribution Centre, unless:
- The supplier has pre-determined that the product issue needs to be addressed on site at the Customer.
- Winc have determined that the most appropriate way to deal with the issue is to request the Supplier visit the Customer
In all other circumstances, once the defective product has been returned to the local Winc Distribution Centre, the Supplier will receive notification of the defective product. The Supplier must then advise Winc as to what action will be taken by them within two working days, unless alternative arrangements are made:
- A credit for the goods will be issued and the goods can be disposed of immediately.
- A credit for the goods will be issued and the goods will be picked up by the supplier (at their expense) in accordance with Section 2.7 – Returns & Collections.
- The goods will need to be inspected by a Supplier representative on site at Winc Distribution Centre before a credit is raised.
- The goods will need to be inspected by the Supplier on their premises before a credit is raised and will be picked up by the Supplier (at their expense)
- The goods are deemed as a “repairable” item (*see g) and h) below for requirements on repairable items) and will be repaired or collected (in accordance with Section 2.7) by a Supplier representative at Winc Distribution Centre.
a) Products Deemed as Repairable by the Supplier
The Supplier, by way of agreement with Winc Merchandising Department, can submit a request to have a product deemed as “repairable”, upon which Winc will need to transact the product differently with their client. In the absence of notification / agreement otherwise items under $500 value will be deemed non-repairable.
A repairable item can include, but is not limited to: Office Machinery, Office Furniture, Electronic Equipment, and Luggage.
If a Supplier requires inspection of a product before issuing a Credit to Winc, or repairing a product so that it can be returned to the Client, the Supplier must submit the request to the Winc Merchandising Team representative. This is usually done at the time when the agreement is made to stock or sell the product. When a product is submitted as a “repairable item”, Winc reserves the right to accept or decline this request based on the best solution for Winc and its Clients.
If the request is declined the product will then be deemed as an NQA return from Winc clients, and Winc will require immediate credit for the defective goods.
b) If the request is accepted, the product will be added to the Repairable Products list and the Suppliers’ requirements for the individual product will be noted and informed to all Winc representatives and Distribution staff. The Supplier will then be required to conform to items 3(e) and 3(f) above.
c) Where goods have been picked up for repair by the Supplier, the Supplier agrees that:
- All repair costs will be paid for by the Supplier at no extra cost to Winc.
- All repairs must be carried out and returned to Winc Distribution Centre within 72 hours unless otherwise notified.
- All costs of pick up and re-delivery back to Winc Distribution Centre will be paid for by the supplier at no extra cost to Winc.
d) In the absence of any specified warranty the supplier will be expected to support the commitment to our Winc customer guarantee i.e. items found faulty or DOA within 14 days of delivery to our customer shall be credited or replacement delivered direct to customer rather than repaired.