In 2020, Australia has suffered from cyclone threats, bushfires, extreme temperatures, floods and a major public health crisis. Winc Disaster Relief is a pledge to support communities around the country affected by these disasters with the essentials they need now, or for the long road ahead.Our pledge has now reached over $1,000,000!
We kicked things off in January with a $250,000 pledge, and thanks to the generous support of Newell Brands, Kimberly Clark Professional™ and Nestle, we’ve now been able to reach over $1,000,000!
Thousands of products from ‘Thank You’ Nescafe Blend 43 to Rubbermaid water storage bottles and Scott® Essential toilet paper have been picked, packed and delivered – free of charge – to the people who need it, when they need it.Community groups to benefit
Foodbank, Girls Academy, Clontaff Foundation, Good360, Rotary VIC and BlazeAid are just some of the organisations who have benefited from Winc Disaster Relief, helping us match people with products. Together we’ve been able to:
- Support home learning throughout COVID-19 with the provision of arts supplies, stationery and educational books to disadvantaged schools
- Contribute much needed household supplies to hampers made available to those impacted financially by COVID-19
- Deliver 9,600 Scott® Essential toilet rolls to evacuation centres on the NSW South Coast and other fire affected regions in rural NSW and Victoria
- Send 20,000 Sharpie pens and 3,000 PaperMate notebooks to fire affected schools around the country
- Provide 1,500kg of coffee to rural Australia to help fuel the rebuilding effort after both fires and floods
To add to this, all Winc team members are encouraged to take two days of paid volunteer leave to support any disaster relief related group that is registered as a charity with the ACNC, where local regulations allow it.What can you do?
If you’d like to support some of the organisations associated with Winc Disaster Relief directly, here’s our guide:
- Donate $1 to Foodbank and you’ll provide two meals for Australians in need. Donate money here.
- Foodbank is also currently appealing for volunteers to support the increased need for food supplies for disadvantaged and underserved communities in the wake of COVID-19 buying patterns. Volunteer here.
- Good360 is working to match spare brand-new goods from businesses with Australians in need. You can give to this cause here.
- All donations to BlazeAid go directly to the work of supporting rural landowners, like our farmers, after natural disasters. You can support them here.
- Rotary Clubs across Australia are united in their desire to assist families whose lifestyle is at risk due to prolonged drought. You can help them by donating at any branch of the Bendigo Bank or here.
Thank you for your support!