Winc Disaster Relief is a $250,000 pledge to support bushfire affected communities around the country with the goods they need now, or for the long road ahead. We have identified a range of essentials such as P2 masks, personal care products, water and coffee supplies which we are picking, packing and delivering – free of charge – to the people who need it, when they need it.
We understand charities have been inundated with donations. Winc Disaster Relief looks to overcome this by providing support directly using our national distribution and delivery system. All orders are for bulk items intended for distributing to groups of fire affected people.
Foodbank is the first organisation to benefit from Winc Disaster Relief with over $50,000 worth of personal care items being picked, packed and delivered. The remaining products are being offered to bushfire affected schools, customers and community groups.
To add to this, we’re encouraging all Winc team members to take two days of paid volunteer leave to support any bushfire related group that is registered as a charity with the ACNC.
For anyone looking to assist with bushfire relief directly, here’s our guide:
- Our partner Foodbank is delivering emergency relief to firefighters and local communities caught up in the bushfires. You can donate money here.
- Another one of our partners, Good360, is also working to match spare brand-new goods from businesses with Australians in need. You can give to this cause here.
- Donations to the NSW Rural Fire Service directly benefit the volunteer firefighters on the frontline. To help, you can contact your local brigade directly or donate here.
- For those interested in supporting the efforts of Victorian firefighters, you can donate to the state’s Country Fire Association here.
- To help the NSW wildlife victims, you can donate to the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) here.
- The World Wildlife Fund have set up a “Help Save Koalas” fund. You can donate here.
- The Salvation Army has launched a disaster appeal to support the communities affected by the devastating bushfires. To donate to the disaster appeal, you can call 13 SALVOS (13 72 58), donate at any Woolworths checkout, or donate online here.
- The Australian Red Cross is also working to support communities affected by the bushfires. You can donate here.
- To help those affected rebuild their lives with food, clothing, furniture, other essentials, you can donate at any St Vincent de Paul store or head here.
Our thoughts remain with our brave firefighters and volunteers and those so deeply affected #ProtectingTheIrreplaceable.